Test automation is a faster and reliable technique as compared to its human substitute. We can run several tests simultaneously and get robust results every time. For automation testing of Android Mobile Applications, we have to choose from an enormous bunch of automated tools that come with several features.
In this article, we have tried to filter out some of the best automated testing tools for Android Applications. These are enlisted here:
An overview of the above mentioned tools is given here:
Appium is an automated testing tool that most of the testers love to use. It requires no complex installations, and it’s versatile because you can seamlessly use it with any testing system. It drives iOS, Android, and Windows applications using the Selenium WebDriver protocol. Some plus points of Appium are:
- It’s an open-source tool, so it is totally free to use.
- It supports Cross-platform testing.
- Has extensive support and help available on the internet.
- It supports multiple programming languages.
You can learn more about Appium from here.
This tool lets you perform both manual and automated testing of the mobile applications using actual phones. It also allows to build customized test cloud using Kobiton’s Device Lab Management feature. It supports multi-touch gestures, orientation and GPS simulations, camera and speaker control, and device connection management. Here are some noticeable features of Kobiton:
- It is an open-source cloud-based system.
- It automatically creates screen captures, movement logs and metadata.
- Provides internal device lab management to more effectively use the internal devices.
- It simplifies user experience.
Get to know more about Kobiton by clicking here.
If you work in an agile environment, Robotium is the best choice for the testing of your Android Applications. It is really easy to use because it does not require in-depth knowledge of the mobile application under testing. Robotium makes it possible to run test cases simultaneously on different devices or emulators. It can also simulate user behavior like click, touch, or type. Other plus points of Robotium are:
- It supports native and hybrid applications.
- It can perform several test cases at a time.
- It provides quick and robust results
Find out more about Robotium here.
TestProject is a cloud-based test automation platform for the testing of Android, iOS, and web applications. It helps to develop automated tests using TestProject’s SDK, create and use add-ons, and built-in recording features. Here are some more benefits of using TestProject:
- It is simple to use, does not require complex configurations.
- It does not require any advanced coding skills to write test cases.
- Easy to integrate with CI/CD workflow.
- Allows to reuse and share add-ons with the team.
Get to know more about it here.
Automated Testing frameworks for Android applications do not end here. Still, there are several other fine options too, like Ranorex, UIAutomator, Selenium, and more. Just choose the right one for your application to make the testing a fruitful process, not a waste of time.