The most popular library React is developers’ favorite because it is easy to learn and use. React makes it quite easy to build the user interface of any website. However, there is always a need to test the software application before handing it over to the end-user. There are tons of automated testing tools and frameworks available for the testing of React JS applications.
In this article, we will shed light on some of the commonly used automated testing tools of React JS applications. These tools are:
- Cypress IO
Mocha is a famous automated testing framework that provides browser support for NodeJS Programs, test coverage reports and asynchronous tests. Using this framework, you can have full control over your testing techniques, testing tools, and supporting libraries. Some features of Mocha are:
- Makes error-tracking easier.
- Provides support for front-end and back-end asynchronous testing.
- It is flexible enough to combine with other automation frameworks for the testing of React JS web applications.
Jest is a prominent automated testing framework created by Facebook. Other than Facebook, this framework is also used by other prominent companies like Uber, Airbnb, Intuit and more. Jest has its own test runner and assertion functions. More plus points of this framework are:
- It has incredibly fast performance.
- It can mock the functions and third-party node-module libraries as well.
- It conducts live snapshots that makes it possible to manage larger objects test cases.
- It is compatible with React, Angular, VueJS, and many others.
- It is independent from DOM.
- It can help in front-end and back-end testing.
- Easy to perform asynchronous function tests.
- It has proper community support on the internet.
Enzyme is developed for the automated testing of React JS components with ease. This framework is developed and maintained by Airbnb. This test utility can also be combined with other frameworks like Jest or Mocha for testing purposes. Enzyme makes it easier to manipulate and traverse the React Components’ output. Some strengths of Enzyme are:
- Easy to use and write test cases.
- Access business implementation of React JS applications components.
- Conduct DOM rendering.
Cypress is a fast, end-to-end automated testing framework that allows testers to run the test cases in browser or command-line. With the help of the control panel of Cypress, you can control the status of your tests. Some advantages of Cypress are:
- Controls network traffic without involving your server.
- Easier debugging.
- Perfect API for the interaction with page components.
For robust and smooth testing of React JS applications, it is really important to combine testing framework with suitable assertion libraries. So that the testers can perform test cases as per their requirements.